At the start of the COVID 19 pandemic, in-person Scouting and camping came abruptly to a halt in Canada. The Rosslyn Cubs muddled on and held their first Virtual Pillow Fort Camp in April 2020. Youth were encouraged to cook for their families, and Scouter Lisa provided a simple recipe for a doughnut in a mug....or a Mug-nut, With a few simple ingredients and a microwave, you can quickly have a yummy treat.
Based on Gemma's Bigger Bolder Baking
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 Egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Strawberry jam (or Nutella, or any other jam)
- Cinnamon sugar to garnish
- place butter into a microwavable mug and microwave until just melted.
- add in the remaining ingredients, except the jam; mix well with a fork until just combined
- once the batter is mixed place the spoonful of jam down into the batter to get a jammy centre
- microwave for 45 seconds or until it is firm on top.
- sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on top and enjoy straight away!